Do you have stubborn facial hair that you're tired of shaving over and over? Is laser hair removal too expensive? Have you tried those over-the-counter hair removal products that irritate your skin?
If you've answered yes to any of these, a full face waxing by the trained estheticians at Myuz Artistry will leave your face smooth and free of hair for weeks.
What Is Facial Waxing?
We're all familiar with beauty services shaping eyebrows or removing lip hair, but did you know that there's more to face waxing than the brows and upper lip area.
After prepping the skin, the Myuz esthetician spreads wax on the area with a small spatula. Once the hairs adhere to the wax, the esthetician pulls it off in the opposite direction of your hair growth, evenly removing all hairs directly from the root.
What Are The Different Types Of Facial Hair
A full facial waxing can remove hair on any part of the face including:
- Lower lips & upper lips
What Are The Benefits Of Facial Waxing
Waxing not only helps you to say goodbye to peach fuzz but also exfoliates your skin. Face waxing makes skincare serums more effective due to their ability to penetrate deep into the layers of the skin.
A new smoother canvas helps makeup apply cleaner and easier, without getting trapped in your fine facial hairs.
Some of the benefits of facial waxing services include:
- Long-lasting results - Waxing keeps the skin smooth for up to 6 weeks.
- More precise - achieves better results than bleaching or shaving.
- Less regrowth and finer hairs - waxing results in hairs growing.less.dense over time. Attacking the follicles can cause them to grow more slowly or stop entirely.
- Affordable price -Waxing requires little time, resources, and preparation, making waxing a cost-effective alternative to lasers.
- Skin protection - Waxing provides exfoliation, hydration, and nourishment for the skin.
- Professional Attention - Experienced estheticians can customize waxing services, and ensure even and gentle waxing and hair removal.
- No ingrown hairs - Removing the root ensures no more irritating ingrown hairs.
What To Expect During Facial Waxing
During your waxing treatment, a soft wax is applied to the skin. The wax is removed quickly in the opposite direction to remove the hair down to the root.
Does Facial Waxing Hurt?
Patients report experiences from mild discomfort to some pain. In our experience, most of our patients refer to the experience as a mild discomfort. Pain tolerance, skin sensitivity, and what area of the face you're removing hair from all factor into how painful.
Who Should Not Get Facial Waxing?
For waxing, we use a gentle zinc oxide-based wax. If you are taking any acne medication or using a retinol or retinoid you should have any waxing treatments, due to the tenderness of the skin caused by the medication. If taking a retinol/retinoid please avoid use 4-5 days before your appt.
Let your licensed esthetician know about prescriptions, medications, or retinol you are using. Certain combinations may result in the skin burning or tearing.
Waxing Treatment Aftercare
After your treatment, there are a few aftercare instructions to follow to minimize discomfort.
- Avoid touching your face for 24-48 hours
- Avoid makeup for 24-48 hours
- Avoid spending too much time in the sun
- Schedule regular waxing appointments in advance to keep your skin smooth
Earn more Myüz Points for different actions, and turn those Myüz Points into awesome rewards!Ways to earn
Ways to redeem