When it comes to easy fast make-up looks I'm all about adding a bold lip to complete the look. However, I want a lip colour that doesn't move an inch! Does a formula really exist? I'll tell you a secret product that does in just a bit.
Long lasting lip products are matte or a liquid lipstick or stain. These products can be really drying on my lips especially if I reach for a drugstore brand (most high end matte lipsticks are still hydrating but not so budget friendly). They also bring out the dryness in my lips and make it difficult to apply if I don't care for my lips.
Yes, your lips are something you will want to maintain - keeping them soft and luscious. Here is a guideline to having soft, wrinkle free, pouty lips and maybe you'll even skip the botox with iS Clinical Lip Duo.
Relieve dry, cracked lips with Biologique Recherche’s all-natural lip balm. Biokiss is an exceptional regenerating balm that nourishes dry lips and smooths flakiness or chapping. Its antioxidant and soothing properties protect lips from environmental damage, keeping them more comfortable and softer. The wax soothes and calms the lips, providing nourishment and plumping the lips, making it ideal before lipstick application.
This luxurious and highly moisturizing elixir visibly smooths and hydrates as it enhances, softens, and plumps the overall appearance of the lips. This innovative formula combines the purest and most powerful clinically proven botanical extracts and antioxidants including: Hyaluronic Acid, Vitamins C, E, & B5 Shea & Cocoa Butter, and our proprietary combination of Extremozymes which provide unprecedented multi-level protection against dangerous environmental aggressors.
Our Lip Polish is a gentle, yet effective scrub with powerful antioxidants of Vitamins C and E. It is blended with intensely rich botanical butters that encourage exfoliation and help to smooth and hydrate the lips, leaving them with a healthy glow! Get your hands on this product by purchasing our Lip Duo, a set consisting of the Lip Elixir and Polish.
Our 100% all natural vegan shea butter balm stick is a great addition to anyones purse - throwback to our Lip Smacker days. It's moisturizing properties will leave your chapped lips feeling hydrated long after it wears off.
Of course makeup can help make those lips fuller as well. Follow these simple steps to create that perfect pout.
1. Use a corrector (peach tone or orange) around the mouth area to brighten and take away the darkness.
2. Conceal your lips on the outside of the mouth
3. Apply lip colour JUST to the centre of the lip. smack it.
4. Apply a light nude gloss all over and look at that instant pout without using a liner. I love the Buxom gloss in White Russian. Such a beautiful light pink! Rihanna's Fenty line has amazing gloss as well which a good shade range for all skin tones. And if you are looking for a lip gloss that is vegan, check out Tower 28 in Oat (the entire range is stunning). All of these glosses look amazing on their own or with just a lip liner.
5. You can easily use a liner to over line your natural lip line to contour your lips for even more fullness. Use the liner to shade in the outer corners. Use a medium tone on the outside and then a light shade in the centre. My favourite lip liner is the Charolette Tilbury Lip Cheat in Iconic Nude and the Victoria Beckham in number 2.
6. Don't forget to add highlight to the cupid bow for that extra pop. My tip for those with thin lips is to highlight the rim of the bottom lip as well. This creates dimension.
Liquid lip products are here to stay!
The formulations have improved 10 ten fold over the past few years! The best part is that there are options here for every budget, skin tone, and formula preference. Here are a list of my favourite liquid lips that will not parch those lips!
1. MAC Retro Matte Liquid Lipcolor - $27
4. Fenty Beauty Stunna Lip Paint - $33